NYLandmarks

Fraunces Tavern is known as the place where George Washington gave his famous farewell address to his officers in 1783, but the building traces its history to 1719 when it was built as a home for Stephen DeLancey. Over the years it has had several changes due to fires and alterations. The building was converted into a tavern by Samual Fraunces in 1763 and eventually into a museum by the Sons of the Revolution in 1907.

CONDIVIDI LA PAGINA!